Saturday, May 30, 2009

30. Boston

Letting emotions flow through your eyes

While staring at your reflection

Trying to suss things out

While hating every bit of your guts

Its an ironic human condition

Have you watched yourself cry so hard 

You cry harder upon the reality of being ever so crushed?

Everyday I remind myself 

Its just a phase

And its about time to take a turn

But its always easier to write pain than to write happiness

So many unanswered questions

Why?

Last night while sitting beside D,

A kid ran to a seat beside ours

"Mummy I am tired I wanna sit down" - she said

I turned & whispered

"A small kid knows better than us, to rest after a long run. Maybe its time to stop walking, crippling, running. Maybe it's just time to stop, no need to ponder, no need to think - just breathe"

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

close your eyes, just settle, settle

S.WING said...

(: i think i should try to write happiness, for a bit

Anonymous said...

i stumbled upon your blog n when i read your words i feel like they were taken from my mouth, cos i've these exact sentiments. eerie.

"you know how sometimes something shiny in a display case catches your eye n you cant look away from it? you stretch out your hand to try to touch it in all its gleaming finery, but then your fingers stop at the glass window.

tats how happiness is to me. im this close, but i stop short. i see it, but its not mine."

S.WING said...

anon: We learn happiness in a hard way, but maybe it's not a bad thing after all... We learn to cherish it

Anonymous said...

you are inspiring...

Elfie said...

I always come in and will find myself in tears.