Friday, January 16, 2009

16. Dear Mom,

I had a huge quarrel with my mom yesterday before leaving the house, those typical childish arguments. I left without saying bye and slammed the door hard. It felt really good on my part. I should really just grow up shouldn't I? Came home and I was looking for my I/C in her drawer (turning 18 soon so yes, there's finally a point to carry it around) and I found a letter I wrote to her when I was 9 years old...

"To: Dear Mom!!!

We are not the richest people but we're not poor [either] mom, but you have made me the richest girl in the world! [It is] Your love and care which money can't buy. This is the greatest gift from you! Although I am naughty sometimes, but i do not like you to scold me! Everyday I pray to God that you will be safe and healthy because I Love You!"

From: Amanda"

I was 9 years old so don't expect any fancy language from me. I like me when I was 9 because I am this straightforward. And to understand that love isn't about buying me the latest Barbie doll on the rack revealed that I was a little grown up in my own ways, when I was 9. 

I was so childish yesterday morning. Slap me.

3 comments:

Dan said...

I'm glad you ended with the last sentence. Cheers.

Anonymous said...

it's never too late to be emtionally 9 again

. said...

all the best for your 18 birthday coming, i know were are strangers but somehow i feel the same