Monday, June 8, 2009

08. Laugh, because it's either laugh or cry

I've been running out of cynical thoughts

Something to manifest about

I'm stuck in this realm where everything is just the way it is

I'm waiting for someone to shake this realm I'm in

May I acknowledge your existence as such

Because pain has never felt this awakening

Acquiesced without ratification

Silence

Because no talk nor act

Nor even love

Could resurrect this

We dropped the key a damn long time ago

Laying back to back between a latched door

& this is only as close as it will get

With nothing more

& nothing less

8 comments:

Stranger said...

From what I have seen of your blog so far, this is definately your best piece. Probably because using verse forces a writer to be more selective with their word choice.

The representation of an estranged couple sitting on either side of the door is powerful. It deserves to be the subject of its own poem, where you can explore this imagery more fully.

S.WING said...

stranger: well thanks (: I got burnt by my news writing teacher today... it's bad.

Elfie said...

How to write such inspiring posts? I want too! I am feeling the way you ae but I cant! D: Please teach.

S.WING said...

elfie: I guess you draw inspiration from within yourself, breathe slow, steady, ready, and write (:

Elfie said...

Thanks! :D Inspiration centre is just here haah! Nah, kidding! cheer up still and when will you just accept me in facebook? haha

Elfie said...

Thanks for accepting, S wing. (: Please be like your pen name.
Swinggg as carefree as you cann..

Elfie said...

S wingg when will you start updating again? Miss your posts!

ww said...

Interesting post but hope your thoughts are not as melancholic as its contents ya :)