Tuesday, July 21, 2009

21. You Hold Me Without Touch

"What's the best thing thats ever happened to you?"

He asked

I was stuck for that moment

Dumbfounded

I imagined my birth

A mother's smile

I traced back to moments of folly

Careful not to lapse

"Everything

everything is the best thing thats ever happened to me

I see everything as God's plan

Bad things shape you to become who you are

Good things are blessings i guess"

I never knew life was the best thing

Thats ever happened to me

P.S. thanks for reminding me

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yea, isnt it? without sadness there wouldnt be happiness, cos there wouldnt be any difference.

but as for god's plan.. well lol. rolls off the tongue, sounds very literary but you must know tat the invisible n the non-existant are very much alike. why not spend more time on the tangible instead uh.

sorry tis rude but i couldnt help it. your blogs a good read :D

<3<3 !

Stranger on 6th said...

There is a big difference between the invisible/intangible and the non-existent.

Emotions are invisible and intangible. But they exist. Some philosophers argue that everything we see now - the tangible - will die, corrupt, crumble and fail. So only intangible things, such as ideas and beliefs, will last through time.

What S.Wing has realised is the best things in her life are the intangible ones - the moment of her birth, a memory of her mother's smile etc. And her understanding that everything - the good and bad - plays a role in making a person who they are.

It is her celebration of life that comes through in this poem. It is an optimism we all need to find when something bad happens to us or a loved one.

Short. Personal. Honest. Nice job.